Tavelyn James Foundation Scholarship
2018/2019 School Year
The Tavelyn James Foundation encourages academic pursuits. Scholarship opportunities further our mission, awarding youth a chance to ease the financial burden of their education by covering some of the associated costs.
In order to do our part in the community we are offering an annual scholarship to one deserving student-athlete who is a senior in high school. All student-athletes are eligible for this scholarship regardless of what sport you play. Those considered will have demonstrated excellence in school, on their sports team, and in their communities. Those selected will receive a $1,000 scholarship check payable to the school of their choice.
1. Must be a graduate by the end of the school year
2. Must achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or whatever is considered a "B" average, based on county board grading policies, in both core courses AND overall coursework required for graduation.
Minimum Test Score Requirements:
1. Must meet standardized test score criteria on ACT or SAT national test by the June testing dates of the application year.
■ ACT Score requirement: 22 composite score with a minimum of 20 in English, Mathematics, Science, and Reading.
■ SAT Score requirement: 1060 combined score with minimum of 480 in Mathematics and 490 in Critical Reading.
Send in a 300-500 word essay Topic: What is the Importance of Sports in Education?
2018/2019 school year. $1,000 Scholarship
Topic: What is the Importance of Sports in Education?
Required documents to be sent in with application.
1. Copy of Diploma
2. High Transcripts
3. Acceptance letter from school of choice
5. Written letter from High school Coach